Saturday, March 3, 2012

Get Your Plate In Shape

So since the beginning of the year - OK maybe it is more like late January early February - I have started making that conscious effort to put the right things on my plate.  Nurish my body the right way.
I am proud to say as a result I have lost 10 pounds - OK I did accidentally start off National Nutrition Month with some fish n chips and a half rack of baby back ribs which impacted the scale.  My goal is to find another 10 to 15 to come off.  BMI tables say even more.  Just not sure I see myself as a 124 pound person.
I have stayed away from caffeine - had some sweet tea with those ribs the other night - was fearful that would really kick in.  It wasnt that bad.
I have stayed away from fast food.  It is amazing how good that feels.  I fear at the end of the month I will be traveling and this objective will be hard to stay focused on but... for now I have will power.
I have reduced other processed food intake as well.
AND increased my vegetable intake.  It is great to feel so good.
I am glad that another campaign of sorts has kicked off for this month to keep me in focus.

Today was black coffee - not only have I dropped the caffeine I dropped the milk.  I love milk and realised I have more satisfaction from drinking a glass of milk than the splash in the coffee every morning. 
And I had the last of the eggs in the house - microwave poached.  I will be learning how to hard boil eggs - I know crazy for all the cooking I do I do not know how to hard boil an egg.  I need to get my LDLs down so the egg routine will be altered.
I have some tofu smoothies in my future for today, a kale salad, some roasted winter vegetables, wasa and sardines.  I know I gag a little at the thought of that last one as well.  It is part of my efforts to get cold water fish into my diet.  Last night was pickled herring.  I had to add some red wine with that to make it work.

Will add more later.

Oh and as far as training is going.  It is going but not as well as I would like.  Havent had that heart rate up since Tuesday.  So sometime today...  a brick is in the mix,

No comments: